Winnipeg, Canada, January 8, 2013 – A photograph could be worth $1,000 USD and an art exhibition in the “Let’s Talk Ideas” photo contest. Sponsored by the independent publishing company Big Fizz, the international contest encourages the expression of this theme in a photograph. One grand prizewinner will receive $1,000 and a featured place in the “Let’s Talk Ideas” show held at Gurevich Fine Art in Winnipeg, Canada. Ten secondary winners will receive $100 each and a place in the same show. Winners will be determined by popular vote.
“We are all about proliferating bold ideas and supporting the conversations they generate.” explains Big Fizz CEO Howard Gurevich, “The ideas articulated in our books can be conveyed in various art forms. This contest is our first challenge to anybody interested in ideas to express what they look like in a photograph.”
The “Let’s Talk Ideas” Photo Contest will run as follows: (all times in CST)
- Submission Period starts on Tuesday, January 9, 2013 at 9:00 AM and ends on Friday, February 15, 2013 at 11:59 PM.
- Voting Period starts on Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM and ends on Sunday, March 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM. All voting is public and will take place on Facebook.
- Notification of the eleven (11) entrants whose valid entries receive the highest number of votes in the Voting Period will take place Friday, March 22, 2013.
- Announcement of the Winners will take place on Monday, March 25, 2013.
- “Let’s Talk Ideas” Exhibition will run for 21 consecutive days between Monday, July 1, 2013 and Friday, February 28, 2014.
“This contest provides a unique challenge with great rewards.” states Winnipeg based photographer Garrick Kozier, “The cash prize is incentive enough, but to be featured in a top tier gallery is something many photographers strive for.”
Photographers of all skill levels, anywhere in the world, can enter the Big Fizz “Let’s Talk Ideas” photo contest by logging onto Big Fizz’s Facebook account and uploading their photo.
Big Fizz Inc. is an independent publishing company. Its mission is to take on some of the boldest ideas of all and to ask the oldest and still most fundamental questions: Who are we? How did we get here? Where are we all going? The vision is to enliven the everyday dialogue with communities it shares. More information about Big Fizz is at www.bigfizz.ca.
Gurevich Fine Art is a contemporary art gallery that presents a broad view in regards to style with a strong emphasis on talent. The gallery is a focal point for artists and patrons at various levels to exchange visions. More information on Gurevich Fine Art is at www.gurevichfineart.com.
For further information, please contact: